If you require regular medicines you can use our dedicated telephone answering line on 0141 880 9875. Alternatively, you can order through this website by clicking on the link above.
Please allow one full working day after ordering your prescriptions before collection.
The Safe Way to Order Your Repeat Prescriptions
What is a Repeat Prescription?
It is a prescription you can get without having to see your doctor but first of all, your doctor will decide whether it is safe for you to have this medication regularly without being seen.
There will be a limit to the number of issues after which your doctor will want to see you to review your treatment.
Only order what you need. Over £24 million of unwanted medicines per year are thrown away in this area alone.
How do I order a Repeat Prescription? - • Put your request in to the surgery allowing at least one full working day.
You may submit your request either by: -
· Via our website www.crescentmedicalpractice.org.uk
· Request slip (ask staff if you do not have this)
· Pharmacy service – direct at your local pharmacy
· 24 hour answering machine 0141 880 9875
· Telephone in person after 10am.
· Fax (Walmer 0141 427 1351 and Hillington 0141 882 2218)
· Post (please include a stamped addressed envelope)
What happens to the request slip?
1. Requests are processed by a designated person in reception.
2. The request is checked to see if it is due, including an over use or under use check.
3. If it is due, the prescription is generated and set aside for your doctor to sign.
4. If it is not due, it will be set aside until it is due or will be forwarded to your doctor as a query.
5. Prescriptions and queries are passed to your doctor to check before signing. This takes time and will be attended to AFTER surgery.
6. Once signed, the prescriptions are sorted and filed in order ready for collection.
Be responsible with your medicines
• Do not take other medicines without checking with your doctor or Pharmacist. They may interfere with your regular medicines and cause you harm.
• Know the names of your medicines and what they are used for.
• Return unused, unwanted and out-of-date medicines to your Pharmacist for safe disposal.
• If you stop taking prescribed medicines for any reason, you must tell your doctor.
• You cannot collect your prescription from the practice at weekends as we are closed.
• Only order medicines you need
• One off (known as “acute”) medicines e.g. an antibiotic course cannot be ordered using the repeat prescription ordering system. You can request these, but the doctor will need to check if these items can be issued and they may take some extra time.