The Practice Nurses can be contacted on the normal surgery number and are experienced in providing:-
- Asthma care
- Well Person Clinics
- Diabetes (see link on right hand side for further information and to register with my diabetes my way)
- Advice on blood pressure, smoking, diet, and other factors relating to heart disease.
- Cervical smears and breast care advice.
- Immunisation for children and adults.
- Holiday immunisations and advice.
- Dressings and removal of stitches.
- Ear syringing.
- Information on results of laboratory tests.
Antenatal Services Contact the midwife on 0141 232 4005
Local midwife clinics are run at Pollok and Govan Health Centres
You will be issued with a MAT B1 confirming pregnancy at 20 weeks gestation.
You can find some useful information at www.readysteadybaby.org.uk
If your BMI is 30 or over please contact the surgery for advice
District Nurse Please phone 0141 232 7147
Patients who are confined to their homes and need nursing assistance may arrange with their doctor for the District Nurse to call or she may be contacted in person by phone between 8.30 - 9.00am.
If the District Nurse is not immediately available a message may be left on her answering machine.
The hospital will usually arrange for one of our District Nurses to call on any of our patients discharged from hospital who still require nursing care.
Health Visitor Please phone 0141 276 8845
Jane Shepherd, is our Health Visitor attached to the Practice.
The Health Visitor attends our Child Health Clinics, she can be contacted by telephoning 427 1365, if she is not immediately available a message may be left on her answering machine.
- Health matters relating to the under 5’s e.g.
- feeding difficulties
- hearing problems.